Friday, 13 May 2016

InterNational Scrapbooking Day

I hope everyone enjoyed some scrapbooking time last weekend to celebrate InterNational Scrapbook Day. I miss the days when a group of friends would run away for 3 or 4 days to Scrapbook at Rustic Ridge Ranch and celebrate National Scrapbook Day together for a whole weekend! 

This year I managed to find some time to hide away in my studio on Saturday night and Sunday morning as I had the house to myself for a couple nights.

I tried to participate in a few INSD challenges with the ladies on Mercy Tiaras FB Scrapbook Group. Its a great group a scrappy people sharing what they love to create & document and its lead by Tracy Banks - who has an awesome youtube channel and is inspiring not only as a scrapper, but a mom, friend and therapist!

Here are a couple of layouts that I completed.


Sketch Challenge - Twist and Sketch
Modify the format of the sketch - for instance make an 8.5X11 layout, or even a card. OR flip the sketch on its side, either side, or upside down even. But never fear, you can stick to the sketch as well!




 Create your own Background Challenge
I dug into my scrap box and pulled out all the earth tone pieces, I put them together to form a patterned paper background for the photos to be displayed on. It made a good dent in all those little pieces that I keep for cards and the occasional layout. I must try this again, it also eliminated the need for a lot of embellishments on the page. 
I used lots of letter stickers instead and typed out my journalling.

Lucky Me! This one will be in the next issue of Creative Scrapbooker!





No comments:

Post a Comment