Monday, 14 March 2016

Shimelle's Online Scrapbooking Weekend!

Last Weekend Shimelle Hosted an Online Scrapbooking Weekend which I could only participate in for a few hours the first day as we were travelling for work.
With the little bit of time I had on the first day I did work on a Monochromatic Layout Challenge. I have never tried to do this intentionally before and decided to scrap a photo of me and the boys that has been on "the pile to scrap" since early 2013. It is a photo of the boys and I playing a new card game on Christmas Day while we were spending Christmas in Costa Rica with Sean's parents. We generally try to get the kids to play more board and card games when we are travelling so that they unplug from their devices and enjoy some quality time together. That Christmas David and I picked out two new smaller travelling card games that we all really still enjoy playing! Golf and Cover Your Assets, great games for teens.
Anyways, back to scrapbooking :) here is my layout for the Monochromatic Challenge, I tried to stick to similar shades of green with a little grey and cream. Really pleased with how this turned out and finally used up the piece of scalloped Websters Pages Paper that I have had for about 5 years.


Since Shimelle kept the challenges open for a week I was able to work on a few more when we got back the following weekend. While we were gone we escaped to the hills and enjoyed a day of skiing at Sunshine Village, one of the challenges included a map so using the map of the ski hill and my lift ticket along with two Selfie Photos, which also happened to be another challenge I completed this layout.

** This one appears in the Winter 2016/2017 Issue of Creative Scrapbooker!"


Here is my layout for the Circles Challenge. 
I haven't used my old Creative Memories Cutting System in forever! 
I used up some favourite little scraps of Basic Grey and 
Fancy Pants Papers with some old Basic Grey blooms and stickers.

** This one appears in the Winter 2016/2017 Issue of Creative Scrapbooker!"




The last challenge that I did was with "Frames". I have had these Jillibean Soup Placemats (Frames) in my stash for a few years, inspired by Shimelle's Latest Post I scrap lifted her guest's layout and completed this final page for the Online Scrapbooking Weekend of Challenges!




No comments:

Post a Comment