Sunday, 26 April 2015

More about "The Pile to Scrap"

I thought I would share a little bit more about my process and "The Pile to Scrap".

Since I have a tendency to collect memorabilia when we travel or attend a special event, it sometimes sits on "the pile to scrap" for quite sometime. Often, I am inspired by an article or page in a scrapbook magazine, I'll make sketches and notes to refer to what inspired me, or tear the page out place it with the memorabilia and photos and place it on "the pile to scrap".

In my last two posts I referred to "the pile to scrap" because sometimes the items are on that pile for a a month, a year or in this case - several years.

My grandmother passed away in 2004 and this page is a display of her letters. I have had this sitting on "the pile to scrap" for that long. I was inspired last weekend to create this page for Canadian Scrapbooker's Fall 2015 Issue.

http://www.canadianscrapbooker.ca/submissions/

As you can see, not only was I inspired by CS to complete the page, I had an old page with her letters from a 2004 Creating Keepsakes Magazine. Now my page doesn't look anything like the CK article's page, however it inspired me to do something with those cherished last letters.

It felt great to finally get this off the pile and onto the page!




No comments:

Post a Comment