Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Anniversary Card

Our parents are getting older, so are our friends parents.... a new milestones are celebrated. Sheldon's parents celebrated their 49th wedding Anniversary last week. We were invited to a dinner celebration on Sunday night and were pleased that Mr & Mrs "J" shared many stories with us from when they were courting as well as the story of their wedding day, it was a very enjoyable evening!

On Sunday morning I decided that it was time to make this card that had been floating around in my head since I stopped my mother from throwing out a couple of decks of cards that she and dad wore out last Spring. Giving this card to Mr & Mrs "J" also inspired us to have a card game with Sheldon & Sara after Mr & Mrs "J" headed home for the evening... us girls kicked the boys butts!!! 

I also decided to make my parents a card for their upcoming 47th Wedding Anniversary and one for Sean.... after he forgets about this one since he saw it! They were great cards for using up scraps and I am loving the Martha Butterfly Punch!


No comments:

Post a Comment